During the last few years, leading light gauge steel frame construction has become increasingly popular as a structural and non-structural construction element. The conventional brick-and-mortar method has been replaced by this innovative method of construction. This change is welcome, given the depletion of timber resources and low productivity associated with concrete construction.
In contrast to traditional construction methods, Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) like LGSF provide superior accuracy and project certainty. LGSF already plays a significant role in residential construction in North America, Australia, and Japan and is gaining momentum in India.
Our blog today will focus on the benefits of Leading light gauge steel frame construction. So without further ado, let’s get started.
What is LGSF?
Light gauge steel frames are made of hot dipped galvanised, high tensile steel that is cold rolled for use in studs, joists, headers, and truss members. This process allows steel manufacturers to produce lightweight, high-tensile steel sheets. In addition, zinc alloy is used to coat the sheet surface. As a result, buildings are more solid, rigid, stronger, durable, and easier to construct.
Cold-formed steel (CFS) is often used in low-rise buildings or as non-structural walls in mid-rise and high-rise buildings. The finishing for these buildings is done using cement board and gypsum board, making them look similar to RCC buildings.
Top 6 benefits of LGSF
- Facilitates precision: LGSF buildings are manufactured using advanced techniques with very high tolerances. The computer-aided design combined with the CNC machine ensures high accuracy, up to 1 millimetre per structural storey height.
- Faster construction: Today, completing projects in the least amount of time is preferable without compromising strength or durability. Due to the lightweight of LGSF structures and the dry nature of all materials, construction is faster. Consequently, construction projects take 30% less time, resulting in a four-story building being constructed in less than two months. As a result, constructors can take on more projects in a given time frame.
- Robust but lightweight: Steel has one of the highest strength-to-weight ratios of all construction materials. Hence it reduces the costs associated with the construction of heavy foundations. Moreover, structural elements can be transported anywhere, including hilly areas to remote locations, and structures can be erected quickly.
- Corrosion and termite-resistant: Leading light gauge steel frame construction uses rust-proof galvanised steel and is coated with zinc/galvalume alloy. As the steel carries a 50-year (extendable) warranty against any corrosion, it retains its strength by protecting it from oxidation, corrosion, and termite infestation.
- Environmentally friendly: Steel production uses less energy than concrete, reducing CO2 emissions. In addition, a lot of the steel used in light gauge steel framing is recycled. Furthermore, LGSF structures can be demolished and re-erected elsewhere, reducing waste and minimising the environmental impact.
- Disaster resistant: Due to its high strength-to-weight ratio, steel can resist strains imposed by wind loads and earthquakes. Additionally, LGSF is moisture-resistant, so it doesn’t contract or expand, causing warps and cracks and compromising structural integrity. In addition, steel is non-combustible, so it doesn’t propagate or intensify the fire, thus preventing catastrophes.
The sheer number of advantages LGSF provides over conventional construction methods makes it a perfect choice for any project. Therefore, its early implementation can be a big boon to society in the long run. Moreover, it is not surprising that it has become a favourite construction material among modern-day developers, architects, and contractors.
We provide turnkey solutions from concept to design, supply, and installation of LGSF (including civil, mechanical, electrical & plumbing). With nearly one million square feet of plinth area in LGSF technology under our belt, we are the leading pioneers in LGSF technology in India. So let’s talk about your project if you have one in mind.
For Regular Updates follow our Facebook page now: nipanifacebook.com
To know more read our blogs:nipaniblogs.com